Have you ever wondered why people install outdoor lighting for homes? There are several reasons why people invest in landscape lighting. Windermere, Winter Park and Lake Nona homeowners often do it to achieve an attractive effect at night. Others may install lighting to help deter intruders from breaking into their property. There may even be a little competition going on in the neighborhood. If one homeowner installs outdoor lights, a neighbor may get envious and do the same. Here are five signs you should invest in outdoor lighting:
1. Neighborhood is dark – If you have poor street lighting in your neighborhood or no other homes have outdoor lighting, you may want to invest in landscape lighting for security and safety reasons. Outdoor LED lights can highlight your home and landscape’s best features. LED lighting can also be used to light pathways around your home, to minimize risk of injury to your family or guests. Outdoor lighting can deter burglars too.
2. You’ve experienced a break-in – It’s a horrible feeling to walk in your front door and discover someone has broken in to steal your valuables. Installing a security system should help restore your sense of safety. Installing landscape lighting around your home can help too. As we’ve mentioned, burglars are less likely to break into a home if it’s lit up. After all, they don’t want to be seen and caught in the act. Installing outdoor lighting in strategic places around your property is a smart move.
3. Need to boost home’s value – Looking for a way to enhance your home’s value for resale? Landscape lighting can do the trick. Typically, homes with outdoor lights sell for more than homes without. The investment you make today, can pay off for you when you’re ready to put your home on the market.
4. Want to entertain – One of the benefits of living in Central Florida is the weather. Even in the summer, the nights are comfortable for entertaining outside. Outdoor lighting for a patio or pool deck will enable you to socialize with family and friends long after the sun has set.
5. Need new design ideas – Some people decide to invest in outdoor lighting for homes because they are looking for new design ideas. If you’ve installed a pool, renovated your patio, remodeled a kitchen or bath, adding landscape lighting can be a new way to channel your design energies into your home.
With all above mentioned guides you should be aware of How to Keep Your Outdoor Home Lighting Energy Efficient
If any of these signs resonate with you, it might be time to get a quote for landscape lighting. Windermere and Bay Hill residents know they can depend on Elegant Custom Images to create lighting designs that enhance the beauty of their homes. Give us a call at 321-217-7822 for a free estimate today.